Google basically runs the world. With that in mind, it’s a good idea to keep an eye on what they’re up to.
One way to do this is to laboriously sign-up to every newsletter going for every Google application – Google, Google Earth, YouTube, Gmail, etc. etc.
Another way is to follow the Google accounts on Twitter although of course that means having a Twitter account and filtering out all the other stuff that may not interest you. You’ll also have to find every Google account.
The easiest way is to let me do the work for you! I’ve created two lists on Twitter and added the Google Twitter accounts to these two lists. One list is for the branded Google applications such as Google Reader, Google News, and Google TV. The other is for the Twitter accounts of the more elusive and harder to find actual Google employees including, of course, the Google CEO himself Mr. Eric Schmidt. Also in this list you’ll find:
- Matt Cutts (and blog): head of the Google Web Spam team
- Zareen Kazim: involved with Google Search
- Marissa Mayer: a Google Search corporate executive
- Kaspar Szymanski (and xing): Google Search Quality Strategist (based in Ireland)
- Vinoaj: member of the Google Analytics Team (based in Singapore)
- John Mueller (and blog): a Webmaster Trends Analyst at Google Zurich
- Brian Rose: customer support for Google Photos
- Mihai Parparita (and blog): involved with Google Reader
Google Applications and Brands
You can also view this list of Google Applications on Twitter.
You can also view this list of Google Employees on Twitter.